Day 6 Start
- Hajj Summary
- Ihram. (8th of Zul-Hijjah). It is the status when you wear your Ihram garment again after you are done with Umrah.
- Proceeding to sleep in Mina. (8th of Zul-Hijjah). You are to sleep in Mina for one night.
- Proceeding to Arafah. (9th of Zul-Hijjah). You are to be in the area of Arafah between noon and a little after Maghrib. This is the main Day of Hajj. Dua and supplications are to be made as much as you can.
- Proceeding to Muzdalifah. (9th of Zul-Hijjah). You are to arrive and pray Maghrib and Isha shortening and combining them, pick up pebbles and sleep till morning of next day.
- Proceeding back to Mina. (10th of Zul-Hijjah). You are to throw seven pebbles at Al-Jamra Al-Kubrah, slaughter sheep, shave hair, perform back in Makkah Tawaf with Sa’ie and return back to Mina.
- Sleep in Mina the two or three nights of Tashreeq. (11th, 12th, 13th of Zul-Hijjah).
- Throwing 21 pebbles the two or three days of Tashreeq. (11th, 12th, 13th of Zul-Hijjah).
- Tawaf Al-Wadaa’. It is the last Tawaf you perform before you leave Makkah.
- Although not necessary, it is desirable to remain in Mina on the 13th of Dhul Hijjah and perform Rami on this day.
- By this point, all rites of Hajj should have been performed.
- Like the previous two days, all three Jamarat will be pelted.
The window ends immediately at sunset. A penalty will be due if Rami hasn’t been performed by this point.
Tawaf al-Wida (Tawaf al-Sadr)
- Tawaf al-Wida (the farewell Tawaf) also known as Tawaf al-Sadr is the last rite performed before departing from Makkah.
- It is Wajib (obligatory) and must be performed prior to leaving the boundaries of the Haram.
- Omitting this Tawaf, without a valid reason, will result in a penalty.
- Women in a state of major ritual impurity, as well as residents living within the boundary of the Haram, are not obligated to perform this Tawaf.
- Tawaf al-Wida may be performed any time after Tawaf al-Ziyarah although it is preferable that it is performed prior to departure from Makkah.
- Any Tawaf performed after Tawaf al-Ziyarah will count as Tawaf al-Wida, even if its intention was not made or an intention for Nafl Tawaf was made.